Rutgers University chose Box for its fast, simple functionality, serving as a collaboration space between faculty, staff and students. Box features secure data transfer and unlimited storage capabilities. Box is the only university approved storage service that’s available to the entire Rutgers community. Please see the “Is Box for me?” page for more information about which storage service will meet your needs.
Access your files anywhere, anytime: With Box at Rutgers, faculty, staff, students and guests can access uploaded files anytime — all you need is an Internet connection. You can save files and folders in the Box app on your device, and access them when you’re not connected to the cloud. This way, you can view, share and edit your files and upload them when you reconnect to the Internet.
Benefit from Box’s advanced security controls: Security safeguards administered by Box include multi-layered encryption, mobile security and more.
Collaborate through Box’s shared online workspace: Box is integrated with Microsoft Office 365 and Google Docs, so you can access and share folders to edit files simultaneously with anyone invited to collaborate. Since the integrations occur through the app, you will eliminate content duplication.
Share secure files through links: You pick who will collaborate on a file and easily share it with a simple link, including large files.
- Many types of files are available for viewing in your browser or mobile device, including images, and audio and video. Visit this webpage for a full list of supported file types and fonts.
- Box content can be accessed through all major current web browsers, i.e., Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari. Content is also accessible through mobile devices that run iOS, Android, and BlackBerry. Since Box supports the most up-to-date major browser releases and desktop/mobile operating systems, please visit the Box Policy For Browser And OS Support webpage for more information. Box also listed Deprecations with details and dates for older version end dates. Box can be accessed through its integration with Microsoft Office Windows only.
- Control the level of access users have by setting a range of permissions from view-only, to full editing and collaboration rights.
- Comment on files and create simple workflows to assign tasks, such as Approve.
- Sync files between your desktop and other devices for access when offline.
The following users types are eligible for a Rutgers Box account: