Using Box on Windows
- Click on the Box app icon where it is stored, e.g. on your desktop, to access it.
- You will need to log in to Box Drive the first time you open it. You can do that through the Box at Rutgers portal.
- After logging in, you will be shown a quick walk-through of Box Drive features. You can either skip or complete the walk-through, after which you can access your Box content at C:\Users\USERNAME\Box.
For more information on getting started with Box, visit the Getting Started web page.
When you launch Box on your PC, you will see the login prompt, where you can input your login credentials to get started. Box will automatically route you to the Rutgers CAS login. Re-enter your credentials in the CAS window.
Uploading Content to Box
Box integrates with your desktop, so content can be found on your hard drive, just like a folder. To upload content to Box:
- Browse and select Files or Folders.
- You can select multiple files for upload by holding the Control key while selecting files. However, you can only select one folder at a time for upload.
- Drag and drop files from your desktop to the Box folder. You can either:
- Place files and folders in the Box folder
- Select an existing folder to store content
- Create a new folder to store content
Taking files offline
Files stored on Box can be accessed from the cloud and taken offline and will be organized in one of three ways:
Searching for files on Box
To quickly bring up a search window, select CTRL + ALT + SHIFT + B.
The search window will appear, where you can input keywords to find the content you need.
What Else Can I Do with Files on Box for Windows?
By right-clicking on a file or folder, in addition to the standard Windows features you can also:
- Share links by either email, or copy and pasting shared links
- Manage collaborators
- View file on Box.com while taking advantage of Box for the web features
How Do I Log Out of Box for Windows?
- Navigate to the search menu by going to the system tray and clicking the Box icon.
- Alternatively you can use the keyboard shortcut CTRL + ALT + SHIFT + B.
- Click the gear icon, and from the list that displays click Log Out.
- Box Drive prompts you with an alert about the following types of files:
- Open Files: You can save and close these files to prevent the loss of any work.
- Items Uploading: You can wait for these to upload to Box. Box Drive cancels any uploads that do not complete before you log out.
- Problem Items: These are local files or folders that cannot be synced back to Box. Logging out deletes these items. To view these items, navigate to the Search Menu, click the gear icon, and from the list that displays click Error Updating an Item…
What Happens When You Log Out of Box?
- Logging out completely removes all traces of your Box Drive usage from your machine and enables you to log in again as a new user.
- Your Box Drive session ends and the login screen displays.
- In addition, logging out of Box Drive deletes all of the downloaded content you had marked for offline availability.
- This clears up hard disk space on your device.
- It also returns all of the content you have marked for offline availability to an online-only state. You will then have to repeat the process of marking folders for offline availability.
How do I quit Box for Windows?
- Navigate to the search menu by going to your system tray and clicking the Box icon.
- Alternatively, you could use the keyboard shortcut CTRL + ALT + SHIFT + B.
- Click the gear icon, and from the list that displays click Exit.
Follow the prompts to close any open files and confirm your exit.