Box Drive for Windows
- Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit) or Windows 10 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Universal CRT
- .NET version 4.5.2 or higher
- Box Sync is not installed
Recommended Minimum System Specifications
- 1.6GHz dual core processor
- 4GB of RAM
- Download the Box Drive installer for Windows 64 Bit or Windows 32 Bit.
- Navigate to the location on your computer where you downloaded the file, and double-click it to run the installer.
- Follow the instructions to complete the installation. If Box Drive does not launch automatically upon installation, you may need to launch the application from the Start menu.
Deploying Box Tools on Windows
Box Tools enables users to open, view and edit files using your favorite apps.
Box offers two variations: single-user and machine-wide. The functionality between the two variations is the same. However, they install the programs in different locations and support different configurations.
The standard Box Tools .exe installer available installs Box Tools under the user’s profile and should only be used for single-user machines. The single-user installation is not recommended for mass deployments of Box Tools.
- The single-user .exe installer does not require administrative rights and is designed to be easily installed by end users.
- With the single-user installation, both Box Edit.exe and Box Local Com Service.exe should be running as the end user.
- The single-user version installs into the following locations on the computer:
- C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Box\Box Edit
- C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Box\Box Local Com Server
The machine-wide .msi installer installs Box Tools as a machine-wide program and supports multi-user machines.
- The machine-wide installer is recommended for mass deployments of Box Tools.
- Any user on the machine can use Box Tools functionality (Box Edit and Device Trust) if the .msi installer is used.
- The machine-wide installer requires administrator rights to install Box Tools.
- The machine-wide installation location:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Box\Box Local Com Server
It is important to keep your Box version as up-to-date as possible. Visit Updating Box Drive to learn how to update Box Drive.