Before Creating and Using Your Box Account
For an introduction to Box, please visit the About page.
- If you have not already done so, be sure to read the Rutgers acceptable use responsibilities, which will inform you of your accountability as an enterprise Box user. Use of the service indicates acceptance of the stated terms.
Go to the Rutgers Acceptable Use Policy
- To use Box, you need to create an account using your NetID-linked email.
How to Create Your Box at Rutgers Account
- Visit the Box at Rutgers homepage then click Sign up.
- Once you have reached the Rutgers at Box portal, click Continue to proceed to the Rutgers Central Authentication Service (CAS) log in.
- Login with your NetID username and password
- After logging in through CAS, you will be directed to the Manage Services page.
- Choose Box and then click Activate Service. Note: Guests who need accounts must be activated by a delegated administrator before the account can be setup. If you have a guest role, please contact your delegated administrator or the help desk.
You have now activated your Box account and will see the following confirmation screen:
Download Box Apps for Mac and Windows desktops, or iOS and Android mobile devices or login to Box using the web interface.
What Do I Do Next?