Delegated Administrator Setup Procedure
The process to have your area setup in Box is as follows:
- If you don’t already have an elevated NetID account, you should request one by visiting the Rutgers Active Directory (RAD) page. You’ll need this later.
- If you have not yet completed the Delegated Administrator Training you must do so before the launch of the Box service on March 4th, 2019. Your delegated administrator account will be disabled on March 4th if you haven’t completed the training and it will remain disabled until it has been completed. New delegated administration requests that are received after March 4th will not be processed until the delegated administrator has completed training. For delegated administrators who will be handling PHI, this will include having completed HIPAA training. Delegated Administrator.
- Complete the application by completing the Box Delegated Administrator Request System form.
- This form collects information about your area and initiates that approval and setup process. The Unit Head fields should have the information for the most senior responsible person in your school, center or unit. Typically, this would be a Dean or Director.
- Depending on the number of shared accounts, you may need may require a conversation with OIT Box Support. Typically, areas that handle PHI will require two accounts — one for non-PHI and one for PHI data. If you aren’t handling PHI data, you’ll likely only need one account. You can create as many folders and shares as you need under the single shared folder and even set different permissions so, more than one shared folder will almost never be required.
- If you believe you need more than one shared folder (two for units that will store PHI), please use the comment field to explain why the additional shared accounts are needed.
- This form should only be completed once in each school or administrative unit. Box will allow for any number of shared folders to be created under each shared account, with different administrative permissions, so it is unnecessary to send in multiple requests that will require approval from the same top administrative person in each major unit.
Your Application Will Be Sent to the:
- Rutgers Active Directory (RAD) team so they can create an OU in RAD if you don’t already have one.
- They will reach out if they have any questions about your submission and then create your OU and Box Sync Group in RAD.
- Access will be granted to the delegated administrator’s elevated NetID account.
- OIT Box Support Staff they will review the application and reach out to you if they have any questions and then approve the form.
What Happens Next?
- Once the information in the form is reviewed and approved the person you designated as your Unit Head will receive an email from DocuSign. You should give them notification that this email is coming. The process can’t move forward until they respond. A sample of the document, which will require approval, can be viewed here.
- After OIT Box Support receives the DocuSign signature, a shared account for your area will be created and permission granted to the delegated administrator’s elevated NetID.
- OIT Box Support will notify you that your Box shared account is setup and ready for use.