Android with Enterprise Mobile Management (EMM)
Install Box through the Intune portal
The InTune Company Portal application is required to use Box. If you do not already have it installed on your device, you can view instructions on how to download and install it on Rutgers Enabling Mobile Device Management for Android page.
1. Open the Intune Company Portal App. Be sure to open the Work version of the app. It has the Briefcase in the orange circle on the icon.
2. In Company Portal, Choose the Apps tab and you’ll see an icon for the Play Store
3. Click on the Play Store icon and then install Box
4. Once Box is installed click Open and you’ll be presented with the welcome screen. Click LOG IN.
5. Input your Rutgers username which will always be your NetID with @rutgers.edu after it. Then click Authorize.
6. Logging in will redirect you to the Rutgers CAS, where you will be required to sign in with your Rutgers credentials.
7. If you have two-step login enabled (recommended) then you will have to complete that process as usual.
8. Once you’ve signed in through Rutgers CAS, you will be taken to the Box home page.
You are now ready to use Box on your Android Device.
If you previously installed the standard version of Box (without the briefcase in the orange circle) you should remove it from your device unless you have another Box account that you plan on accessing using that application. The Box application from the regular Google Play store will not work with Rutgers Box.